Social Media Stats You Should Know
When creating your social media content calendar, you should consider specific stats to help you craft your posts in order to get the best engagement and reach. It’s important to remember that each platform has a different algorithm, so just because a strategy works on Twitter doesn’t mean it will work on Facebook.
Take a look at these stats below, gathered through courtesy of Hubspot, to see how you can use this information when creating next week’s content calendar.
– Tweets with images receive 18% more clickthroughs, 89% more likes, and 150% more retweets.
– The ideal tweet length is 100 characters.
– Click-through rate is the highest on Wednesdays.
– Videos on Facebook pages generate 16% more engagement per post than images.
– The ideal length of a post is 40 characters.
– Facebook posts with images receive 2.3 times more engagement than those without images.
– Images with a single dominant color generate 17% more likes than images with multiple dominant colors.
– Photos showing faces get 38% more likes than photos not showing faces.
– Photos get more engagement than videos.
Here’s my challenge for you this week: Create your social media content calendar for next week using these tips and see how much they affect your reach and engagement. Have you used stats to create your calendar before?
Wow I didn’t know some of these! I definitely need to start tweeting more on Wednesdays haha! Great post!
Wow, interesting list!
Didn’t know this, so it’s definitely good to know!
I do pay attention to some of these things! Definitely didn’t know that the CTR on Twitter is highest on Wednesdays!
What great stats to share! I’ve heard of some of these, but not others.
Alix | http://www.apintsizedlifeblog.com
Thank you so much for sharing this! I need to start using my twitter more I always forget about it!
i love this! So important to know! I remember reading an article months ago saying that photos with more blue did better on social media, it is so interesting!
These are such important stats to know! I definitely don’t focus on Instagram enough, but this is my inspiration to get back into it!
Very interesting stats! How odd that Wednesday gets the most Twitter click throughs!
-Anna | http://www.fivefootandfabulous.com
Thanks for sharing these stats! Having great visuals is definitely a must when it comes to having engaging social media content!
Yes these are awesome to know, once school is over in a few weeks I am 100% giving myself time to sit down and plan things out more
These are great things to know! I’m working on building my Twitter engagement and you have provided some great insight! Thank you!
These are awesome facts that I had no clue about! As I am trying to build my following, these will come in handy! Thank you for sharing, xo!